Overcoming Obstacles




It’s been awhile, but I’ve been SUPER busy! Loving my new job and my new found peace. Things have been looking up and I finally thought things were back on track. Starting to live again and just do things I enjoy. Still experiencing the daily struggle, but maintaining. Excited and optimistic about the endless opportunities that the future holds. Starting to plan my return back to school while still contemplating how I can become my own boss one day. Weight loss has been going AWESOME! Finally out of the 200’s and coming down nicely. 

Rent increase since this is my second year here, but making the best of it. Need a new car, but public transportation gets me to and from work. Life is starting to look up after son’s dad break up, or was it? We all have obstacles that we have to jump over and Wednesday when I came home from work, I was hit with a BIG blow! My electricity was off and I had no idea what to do. Couldn’t understand how I let this slip through the cracks! So I cried a little, but then pulled it together, FaceTime my youngest kids, and went to bed. $760 is not that bad, right? I get paid tomorrow, right? Well I told my youngest daughter that I may have to miss out vacation so I can go to work. She was sad and asked my sister to help me so that I could go on the vacation.

12 midnight I check my funds and no direct deposit! Again at 3am and 6am, NOTHING! Now, I’m freaking out! How am I going to pay half since my sister agreed to pay the other half? Well, I had to text my sister to see if she could pay the full amount and when my direct deposit hits Friday, pay her back. She agreed, transferred funds, I paid, and when I came home, my lights were on!!! I was so happy! Kept my promise and transferred my half to my sister this morning. 


I was feeling down and out. I felt like a failure and that no matter how hard I tried to pull it together, I was falling apart! I wanted to give up because life is just starting to get too tough for me, but then I think about my babies! I love them and I want to do everything thing I can to keep them safe, healthy, happy, and smiling! I still have a lot of mountains to climb and hurdles to jump, but with my strong support system, love of my children, and faith I will get by. So here’s to overcoming every obstacle that’s being thrown my way! 💪🏽

Comments

Popular Posts